Monday, July 31, 2006

BASIC: LOVE

Last night was AWESOME! We began a new series at IGNITE called "BASIC." We are spending the next 4 weeks looking at some basic elements of the Christian life. Last night we talked about LOVE (How to love others) - 1 John 3:16-18. The sermon points were: 1. Love is Sacrificial; 2. Love is Generous; 3. Love takes Action.

We had 10 students accept Jesus as their Savior and Lord! WOW! It was great! Also we had a total of 143 middle school students hanging out with 30 leaders. What a great ratio of close to 5 students to 1 leader! God is continuing to do some awesome things at IGNITE!

3 comments:

Megan said...

ALDEN! Basic is going to be absolutely incredible. The 6th grade girls in my group seemed to really respond to the message. I had three salvations in my group! THREE!!!! I'm SO super excited!

Alden Ellis said...

Megan, That is awesome! It is going to be great (I feel like Tony the Tiger, when I typed that). Could you email me thier names? Thanks so much!

Megan said...

not a prob bob