Monday, August 14, 2006

Sometimes you just need to DUCK....

It seems that I am always posting after IGNITE. I hate that I do this, but I found myself evaluating on Monday and being excited about all that happened at IGNITE and then I hit it hard for the rest of the week to make it happen again! I need to be a little more faithful in posting, although there are probably not that many faithful readers, but to the FEW and FAITHFUL: THANK YOU!

Needless to say, last night was really good! First of all it was exciting that last week was not just a jump in numbers. We had 178 students attend last night. We also had 6 students accept Christ as Lord and Savior. In the past three weeks there have been 37 salvations (average of 12 a week)! That is only from God!!

We continued our series called BASIC and discuss our Freedom in Christ. IGNITE is continuing to go great, but the problem we are running into is that our SMALL groups are not as small as they could be. Please pray with me that God would continue to raise up leaders to join us in the ministry to the Middle School Students in the Anderson area.

Oh here is a pic of the set design after our first week. (This picture was taken as a reference for us to remember were things went, so it was not taken with much detail in mind!) It has changed for the better with more sandbags (instead of two rows, we now have 4 rows), etc.

By the way, we "got" the students last night. As a part of the introduction to the lesson, I was reviewing some of the things we had talked about and I said, "Also sometimes you just need to learn how to duck..." At that point David and Andrew jumped up from behind some sandbags that we were using as stage design and SOAKED the students with water guns! The faces we priceless! It was chaos! After we got calmed down again, I said, "Not only do you need to duck, but you need to watch your back..." Then John came out from behind the students and got them from behind! It was GREAT! Nothing to do with the message, but something a little fun to do!!

Peace out for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to miss another IGNITE. I can only imagine the looks on all the kids' faces.