Friday, September 02, 2005

A WEEK OF FIRSTS.....

WOW! This week has been unbelievable. I want to share in the week of "Firsts" with all of you!

  • Monday was my first day at NEWSPRING!!!
  • Tuesday was the first time that I got to be apart of Creativity Meeting with Perry and some of the other staff! Man, that was awesome to be apart of brainstorming the service with that group of people!
  • Wednesday was the first time to meet Jonathan & Amber! By the way, this couple is AWESOME!! He is the man and I am thankful that I get work with him in building the BEST Student Ministry in South Carolina, Southeast, United States, and WORLD!!!!
  • Wednesday was our first FUSE! Jonathan and I were introduced by Perry with the awesome Student Ministry Staff doing a hilarious skit/video! Jonathan, Perry and I fielded questions from our students. Let me just say that some of them were TOUGH!! Here are some pix from the night. You can also check out Jonathan's page for the pix as well (I took them from him, I did not have a camera at the time ;)

Perry, Jonathan, and I doing a little Q&A with the students at FUSE!

Student Ministry Staff together for the first time!

  • Thursday was Jonathan's first day! It was great to sit down and talk with him and hear him share his heart with me. Jonathan is the real deal and his vision is outstanding! He is the man!
  • Thursday was also the beginning of college football with USC Gamecocks defeating UCF 24-15! What a great day Thursday turned out to be!!
  • Friday - My first day off! It is crazy, but I could work and not bother me! I LOVE MY JOB!! It is so wild that I get paid to spread the name of Jesus with students all over Anderson, SC!!!! Thank you Jesus, for the best job in the world!

I am sure there will be more FIRSTS, but that is all for now! What a great list! Later.....

2 comments:

relauncher said...

I guess this means no guff this week in the office about your team?!

John said...

Alden, it was great reading about your first week at Newspring! We just got back in from a couple of days at the beach, read my blog for more! God bless you as you minister there, and as far as having the best youth ministry in SC, you can FORGET IT..you KNOW where that is! J/K...we are all working towards THAT goal, and thankful the best by the worlds standards is not the best by God's. Always remember that ministry happens one life at a time, and I am thankful that you have been a part of my life for 12 years now...it's hard to believe that is was 12 years ago THIS MONTH that I moved to Florence! I love you and am proud of you.
Keep Believing!
John