Monday, August 29, 2005

FIRST DAY….

Today was my first official day at NewSpring! It was great! I spent the morning having to do some paperwork to make sure that my file had everything it needed in it and straighten up my office. I went to lunch with Trevor Cox, Jaime Salmon, David Nimmons, and Jared Barden at Sonny’s BBQ. I do not remember a time that I laughed as much as I did today. These guys are great guys to work with at NSCC, as well as the rest of the staff. After lunch, I spent time trying to get everything squared away with my office and computer. (By the way, Deanna and I signed over the deed to our house today and sent it back to Florence. Tomorrow at 11:30AM we will no longer be home owners!)

Today was a great first day at a great church! God is getting ready to blow the doors off of NewSpring and all the ministries of NSCC. Pray for Jonathan and Amber, as they are traveling as I type, today they loaded the truck and began the looooonnnngggg trip down to Anderson. It is going to be great to get Jonathan down here and plugging away at the student ministry of NewSpring.

Thanks for all your prayers for us in this time of transition. God is doing some great stuff, Deanna and I are amazed that we get to be a part of it! Note: Deanna did some job hunting today, but nothing that looks promising; still keep this a matter of prayer! God blessed us by getting in touch with an insurance agent who is not hiring, but knows a lot of insurance agents real well and he is making some calls on Deanna’s behalf. We will keep you updated as we walk through this process! God Bless!

No comments: