Monday, August 22, 2005

PACKING DAY…..

Today was the day that we packed up and put it on a truck. (My dad manages a moving company that my grandfather owns, Ellis Transfer and Storage. What a blessing from God!) I realized that moving is not fun at all. I could not get a grasp on the whole deal and I did not enjoy the whole packing process. I am so thankful that my dad is wired that way and was there to supervise and make sure that everything went as it should. I did not realize how much stuff that you can accumulate in only two years of being house. Man, can you please back the dump truck to the house! It is so funny to think that we, as a culture, are so concerned with gaining things or material possessions for ourselves and all we do is get tired of them and throw them away, and they have no eternal value of any sort!

After the packing for the WHOLE day, we got ready to go to dinner with Barry, Donna, Kara Moon and Matt Dickerson to celebrate Barry’s BDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARRY! Barry, You are the man and I thank God that our paths crossed! You are a lifelong friend! Anyways, this was a great time to spend with great friends (also our second family in Florence). Deanna and I are so thankful for the friends that we gained from our time here in Florence.

Please be praying for us as we travel tomorrow and getting settled in at our temporary home (over the garage at my sister-in-law’s house), which is another blessing, that we do not have to rent an apartment until we find a house! We will post more later…..

No comments: