Sunday, August 21, 2005

Our Cup Overfloweth…..

Our Cup Overfloweth…..is an actual two-fold post. First is that my wife, looked at me this morning and said, “My cup overfloweth with love for you! I love you so much!” Needless to say, I melted, swept her off her feet and swung her around in the air. No, not really, but I did tell her that I loved her! I am so blessed to have a wonderful wife that is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ and someone who loves me so much!

Secondly, tonight was a humbling experience. Tonight Deanna and I had to say goodbye to FBC Florence. They held a reception after the evening worship service for us to say goodbye to the church family. I cannot say how many times we hugged, shook hands, and cried with somebody. It was great to be able to also laugh about so many memories that were made during our time at FBC Florence. God greatly blessed us by allowing us to serve at a great church. We saw tonight and felt that our cup overfloweth, with blessings of serving at FBC Florence.

Tonight, the youth group gave me a scrapbook, with pictures from some of our many adventures. This book is filled with some great memories from our time together. At the end of the book, they left it open for people to sign and write a message, as I read through the many notes, God reassured me that He used us at FBC Florence. One young girl state, “I have grown so much in my walk with Christ, with you being my youth pastor. Thank you for all you have done for us.” Another stated, “You were always willing to go through so much for each one of us and you stilled loved us anyway.” WOW! Thank you God for allowing me to be a small part of these students’ foundations in their walk with you!

My prayer for the Crossfire Student Ministry at FBC Florence, it that they will continue to grow in the grace, knowledge, and wisdom of our Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ. God is doing some great stuff in the lives of the students at FBC Florence and we are grateful to be a small part of it! Deanna and I love you and will continue to be praying for you!

Be praying for us tomorrow, as we are packing for our move to Anderson, SC. We will spend the day packing and tying up loose ends and then heading to Anderson to start house hunting before, I begin at NewSpring on August 29th. More random thoughts…..later.

No comments: