Friday, January 19, 2007

SHIFT.....

Well, I am registered for SHIFT: Student Ministries Leadership Conference at Willow Creek on Feb. 28-March 2. I am really excited about going up to Willow Creek and checking it out. I have heard a lot of great things from the people up there. From thier line up should be a great conference, but be sure to check out some of the breakout sessions.

I look forward to hearing from Scott Rubin from Willow Creek, Kurt Johnston from Saddleback, Andy Tilly from LiveChurch.tv, and many others. It should be an awesome time to learn and think through some of the things that we have been processing from some time.

I look forward to Brad, the new High School Pastor, going as well. This should be a great time for Brad and I to get to know each other better since he just joined the team at the beginning of January. We haven't mush of an opportunity to get to know each other except for many meetings that we have been in. Also Lindsay, my assistant; and Meredith, Brad's assistant, will be attending with us as well.

This past December at the NYWC in Charlotte, NC, I was able to meet Wes Wilson, who is the program Director for Elevate, the Jr High Ministry at Willow Creek. Sandy and I had a great time sitting and talking with him. He has got a huge passion for Jesus and for Middle School students. I look forward to catching up with him and see how things are going in his world.

Anyways, if you are planning on attending, drop a comment!

1 comment:

Jason Raitz said...

If you have time, I would love to grab coffee when your up here. Just let me know. Peace