Thursday, January 11, 2007

TEAM LEADERS.....

Last night was GREAT! Let me set it up. Yesterday was crazy in the office. Got out of the IGNITE Staff Meeting late, then had to meet with the High School Pastor, so I was late getting to Sam's to get all the supplies for the Team Leader Dinner at our house. Then I had to run to Bi-Lo to get some "smaller" items. Well, I got home and realized that I did not have enough time to cook the lasagna, so my AWESOME wife said run to the store and grab some hamburger meat and we will have spaghetti. I do that and then run back to the church to grab the supplies for the meeting that I had to leave my staff finishing up. Got back home by 5:30PM, right before everyone else shows up.

Just to say, dinner was GREAT! Deanna did an awesome job pulling together a meal at literally the LAST minute. (SHE ROCKS and is COMPLETELY AMAZING!!!!) It was an awesome time of fellowship. I spent 45 minutes explaining what we want our Team Leaders to do and cast vision for the ministry. I love those opportunities to cast vision for the ministry and watch people grab a hold of it and get excited. In a nutshell, we want to provide our Leadership Team of Volunteers with T.L.C. and for our Team Leaders to funnel T.L.C. down to our small group leaders. T.L.C. is not the typical: Tender, Loving, Care. At IGNITE, T.L.C. means Training, Leadership, and Care. If we display this and empower them to give T.L.C. to our small group leaders, we will enable ourselves to grow, serve, encourage, and love more students, along with more leaders!

Needless to say, last night was great! Thank you to the great group of people to are committing to be Team Leaders, which is such a diverse group. They consist of a house mom, high school teacher, pharmacist, working mom, lawyer, financial aid counselor, nurse, handy-man, and many more. I LOVE THAT!! Go God!

No comments: