Saturday, January 27, 2007

SNOW SKIING....

Today began at 5:00 AM! This morning a group of about 16 IGNITE Leaders went snow skiing together at Wolf Laurel in Western North Carolina. It started out way to early, but was an awesome day. I can actually say that I only fell once! I say that that was pretty awesome considering the last time I went snow skiing was when I was a junior at Anderson College, now Anderson University, back in 2002.

Conditions were actually really good in the morning, but it got a bit icy in the afternoon, which doesn't create for the most optimal skiing conditions. Still a great day for skiing!

We had a great time and it was awesome to see our leaders bond and fellowship. Sometimes the only time we get together is when we are ministering to students and that is not enough! We have to spent time together, do live together, and let each other know that we care about each other. We must have a FAMILY atmosphere!

That is my desire for our leaders at IGNITE. That they will feel like they are apart of a family, that they are cared for, they feel that their service is valued, they are valued as a person, and feel that they contribute in a necessary way! I am excited that we are on our way to this goal, we have leaders who love Jesus, students, and each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im blessed to be a part or such an amazing family!